Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Time keeps rolling on

This week we have our second work experience girl in a month spending a week at the office. Regular readers will remember that we had a 16-year-old girl in a few weeks ago to learn from the greats (or me at least).

This week's young unfortunate is only 14, which is frightening in a number of ways. Firstly, she is very outgoing and is proving to be a useful addition to our little office, despite never having worked before.

And secondly we will soon reach the stage when I am old enough to be the father of work experience kids.

Admittedly, this day is still a couple of years away - but it's still frightening when I consider that I still feel 16 (or 18 anyway) myself.

Where have the years gone?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could be worse. Could be like me almost and be the age of father of the 18+ girls, and knowing you are that old, and STILL trying not to check 'em out....

Groanin' Jock said...

Yeah, I'm with you on that one - at what age does it become socially unacceptable to check out teenage girls?!

NotCarrie said...

I'd say 20.

mirk said...

Guess what time will go even faster trust me. The older you get the faster you realise it is going :-(

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a joke I came across the other day:
Q: What's wrong with having sex with two 18 year olds?

A: Not a *damn* thing!

Groanin' Jock said...

Twenty?! Are you sure NC?! Surely mid 20s?