Thursday, October 26, 2006

Show me the money

Today has all the hallmarks of a wasted day. The employees from our little satellite office have been summoned to company HQ for a meeting on the cut-throat world of company pension funds.

This little day out will involve an hour-long journey on one of Scotland's twistiest roads, followed by what is likely to be a loooooooong meeting full of riveting information about interest rates and expected pay-outs.

Don't get me wrong, I know pensions are important. But I'm happy to let the company and the pension fund sort it out amongst themselves and just keep me posted occasionally.

I won't be retiring for another 39 years, and the chances of me working for my current employers when that day comes are somewhere between slim and hee-haw.

However, today's spell at head office is also to include my annual salary review, which I find a LOT more interesting.

You see, the paper's circulation has been rising ever since I started. And last month it hit a seven-year high. So the omens are good for a decent rise.

Don't they say pride always comes before a fall?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on a nice percentage increase of salary!

mirk said...

You should have offered to accompany the heid=high ones on their journey if nothing else for the day out and to put forth your well justified wage claim. After all where would they be without you?