Sunday, October 22, 2006

Is Bono a murderer?

Today's joke of the day is brought to you in association with my Mither (that's Mom to my American readers):

Bono is playing a U2 concert in Glasgow when he asks the audience for some quiet.

Then in the silence, he starts to slowly clap his hands.

Holding the audience in total silence, he says into the microphone: "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

A voice from near the front pierces the silence: "Well, stop f***ing doing it then!"

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hmmm. We almost went to Scotland last month while we were visiting the UK and Ireland. I hear it's beautiful...if we'd had more time, we'd definetly toured around.

mirk said...

Typical Weejie response, but it does make you smile.

NotCarrie said...

Haha, that's awesome.

Erica said...

That joke rocks ... I posted it a few weeks ago on my own blog (~somewhere~).

Now every time someone does a Google search for "Bono clapping Africa baby dies," my blog ends up in the top ten hits.