Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Scare me, please

Well, that's Hallowe'en been and gone again.

We only had seven kids come to our door during the evening, which is just as well, as we were criminally under-prepared. As per usual, Mrs Wife and I neglected to buy any sweets beforehand, and the local store (a supermarket in ambition only) was sold out by the afternoon. So we picked up a couple of bags from elsewhere, which was thankfully enough to see us through.

But there were two disturbing factors I noted:

1) A poor standard of performance from the kids on the doorstep. One little girl of around six attempted Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, and couldn't remember the words. I'm sorry, but how can you forget that? It's not a very difficult song.

2) Kids dressed as fairies and cowboys. Hallowe'en costumes should be ghosts, ghouls, vampires, mummies and other assorted scary creatures. Nothing else is acceptable.

I didn't argue with the kids though, and happily handed over the sweeties. Still, standards are slipping.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

.. sheesh.... kids these days...

Eric

Anonymous said...

You think that's bad, my mate Laney went Guising as a Rangers fan one year! His costume was the fucking Rangers home strip!

Groanin' Jock said...

That is poor Razor, very poor

Anonymous said...

Now I think about it I'm pretty sure he had a tammy and scarf on too but thats still terrible.

Ole Blue The Heretic said...

I think kids are being entertainmentized. No longer are they gouls, goblins and ghost, but movie and TV characters.