Monday, August 27, 2007

You Shook Me (All About) All Night Long

I'm a big music fan. The sitting room at Dungroanin' is home to a couple of thousand CDs, with more stashed away in a wardrobe elsewhere in the house. In some ways, I'm glad that I missed out on the vinyl years, otherwise I wouldn't have room in my house for anything except my record collection.

One of the many things in music I like is the unusual cover version. Over the years, I've been impressed by Travis' take on Britney's Baby One More Time, by the White Stripes' interpretation of Dolly Parton's Jolene, and by Hayseed Dixie's reinvention of Ace of Spades.

But, in all my days listening to music, I never thought I'd hear AC/DC break into The Hokey Cokey.

Now, thanks to Erica's YouTube sleuthing skills, I can die happy, having heard my favourite Australian-Scottish band tackle the children's birthday party staple.

Well, not quite. It's comedian Jim Breuer imagining what the "Hokey Pokey" would sound like if played by Angus Young and Brian Johnson. (What the hell is the Hokey Pokey? Sidewalk, restroom, gas and soda I'll tolerate but Hokey Pokey? It's Hokey Cokey you numbskulls.)

Enjoy. Then pop over to Erica's blog to say hello.

3 comments:

Erica said...

I had no idea you were an AC/DC fan -- excellent! There's actually a vid on YouTube on Jim Breuer singing it to Brian Johnson, if you take a look (the video is sorta wonky, though, as it was shot by an amateur).

Thanks for the link.

rob said...

Hokey Pokey is a kind of American ice-cream with embedded teeth-shattering chunks.

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged. :)