Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Montrose Sessions

Today I'll be joining two of my mates under the pretence of a band practice.

Thankfully the others have a fair bit of talent between them, which means that they can just tell me what to do.

Our sessions rarely produce anything worthy of note, but it's not entirely about the music - it's just a way of relaxing and excusing spending a day drinking beer, eating pizza and playing PlayStation games.

Anyway, just to prove that we DO occasionally produce something that borders on worthwhile, here's one we prepared earlier. It's pretty rough, as befits a recording made by three partially drunk guys on a four track with only a drum machine for company. For anyone who cares, I'm on bass.

5 comments:

Erica said...

That's pretty good! Youse actually sound like Boy-, October-, War-era U2. Obviously, except for the Larry Mullen part (ugh, I know). But the singer sounds A LOT like Bono, before he became a glittering dooshbag.

the tomahawk kid said...

Not a bad wee toon...

The singer's nae half bad but I would sack the bass player ;-)

Unknown said...

Very good Jock! the tags drink fun and music I can identify with!
BTW have you seen this? http://technorati.com/blogs/groaninjock.blogspot.com
you're about 700,000 places higher in the ratings than me!

mirk said...

Woo at last we get to hear the Pete Way of Montrose excellent.

Misssy M said...

Grrr! I can't hear it! My amp broke yesterday and I never realised how much I relied on it to get me through the day.

I had to listen to Sunday Radio 2 all day (OK I didn't have to) and am now humming show tunes like a crusty old theatre lovey...