Friday, June 08, 2007

Weather or Not?

The weather here in Jockshire over the past 24 hours has been, for want of a better word, changeable.

Last night, as I drove home from Aberdeen, a lightning storm began to rip the thick black clouds apart, a forewarning of the Biblical rainstorm that followed.

All of last evening, as I sat in the house alone, the rain battered down, the lightning continuing for at least four hours. In fact, the thunder was still rumbling as I went to bed. I attempted to capture it on video, but unfortunately my mobile phone couldn't do the weather justice.

On the one occasion I ventured out in it, as far as the garage, I was utterly soaked, and the noise of the fat raindrops belting off the horizontal steel garage door sounded like bullets ripping into a metal bucket.

But this afternoon, as my colleagues and I left an Aberdeen restaurant following a "working lunch", the sun was drying Scotland out, beating down from a clear blue sky.

Which bodes well for a weekend when I have Dungroanin' to myself and when Mrs Wife is taking part in a sponsored walk up a Munro.

I sense a full hammock day is approaching.

3 comments:

mirk said...

I love the thunder and lightning always have always will!!

The only problem is, in this technical age in which we live, here in the bothy every time we have a storm the electricity goes off, without fail. Ergo no computer which is no good thing!

Groanin' Jock said...

Our power didn't go off, but we have satellite TV and wireless broadband, neither of which is much use in an electrical storm!

Anonymous said...

... The Missus spent all evening in her hammock here..... what the mosquitoes left of her is headed to bed shortly....

Eric