Thursday, June 14, 2007

Taste of Nuts

What's the worst injury ever inflicted upon you by another human being?

I think mine is probably taking a kick in the nose and mouth playing football - I bent downwards to head the ball, my opponent leant back to kick it, and my head met his foot at high speed. My nose exploded in a spectacular shower of blood, and I was left with an imprint of the Nike logo on my face for a week or two, but thankfully my nose didn't break.

The only other instance I can think of was when I bruised my ribs, again playing football, this time when an opponent and high collided at high speed.

Neither of these injuries was intentionally inflicted.

So I can't really imagine how 37-year-old Geoffrey Jones must have felt when a former partner ripped one of his testicles off with her bare hands.

According to the BBC report, Amanda Monti flew into a rage when Jones rejected her advances at the end of a house party.

She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out.

This woman clearly has issues. Not only did she manage to rip this man's testicle off - staggering enough in itself - but she then tried to eat it.

In a letter to the court that jailed her for two-and-a-half years, she said: "It was never my intention to cause harm to Geoff and the fact that I have caused him injury will live with me forever. I am in no way a violent person."

Of course you aren't dear, you just ripped a man's testicle out of his scrotum with your bare hands despite the fact that he was fully clothed at the time, then attempted to swallow it. You're obviously a timid pacifist.

2 comments:

BobG said...

I guess he's lucky she only got one of them. If that was just a temper flareup, I'd be frightened to know what her idea of really hating someone would cause her to do.
He needs one of these as a reminder; it is one of my favorite shirts to wear, but my wife isn't crazy about it.

mirk said...

She must have been one of Saweny Bean's offspring.

I just inflict injuries on myself. Doing 40, downhill, on a pushbike, over handlebars, flew miles, hit on back by saddle, conclusion bruised ribs and lung.

On cold days if I take a deep breath I can still feel it 26 years later. Thank god I don't feel it when it's going to rain.