Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A fitting tribute

Today I heard that one of my younger brother's friends had been killed in a car crash over the weekend.

Although I didn't really know Eck, I remember him as a wee smiling blond boy in my brother's football team way back when they were just young teenage boys.

It's frightening to think that any of us could be gone at any point.

Within hours of Eck's death, tributes were pouring into his Bebo homepage from those who knew him well, and not so well.

People from across Scotland were given a place to join together to share their grief and their memories of a friend who will be sorely missed.

The internet is often cast as a villainous, faceless entity where man's darker side can flourish in the supposed anonymity.

But what is often forgotten is that it can also unite people, bring them together and overcome whatever hurdles life puts in their path.

Rest in Peace Eck

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... I am terribly sorry for the loss of your brother's friend...