Tuesday, November 27, 2007

50 Questions

Fifty questions, as seen at Big Stupid Tommy's blog.

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? That mirror is fogged up.

2. How much cash do you have on you? The princely sum of 28p.

3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR? Floor.

4. Favorite planet? I've never visited any others, so I'm going to have to say Earth. Otherwise, I'd have gone for Tatooine.

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? There isn't one. I always delete my list of calls so that I don't inadvertently call someone just by bending over to tie my shoelace.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? My standard ringtone is an MP3 of Chuck Berry's Johnny B. Goode, but my favourite is probably Empire by Kasabian. I've got different ringtones set up for different people.

7. What shirt are you wearing? A dark blue cotton one from Florence and Fred at Tesco. Cheap and functional for work.

8. Do you label yourself? Probably subconciously. I tend to think of myself as friendly, funny, intelligent and lazy.

9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing? Black leather Hush Puppies. They're looking a bit scratched and worn, but they're really comfy.

10. Bright or Dark Room? I like watching TV and DVDs in the dark, otherwide I prefer having the lights on. Not too bright though.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? I've never met him, but his blog is hilarious and occasionally seems to be like a trawl through the kind of crap that floats around my head.

12. What does your watch look like? Silver, chunky, with a round face. A gift from Mrs Wife for my 26th birthday.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping. I finished watching Alien v Predator at around 11.30pm, made my lunch for today, then went to bed.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? It was a message about going to a friend's wedding in Las Vegas next year. Not sure of the exact wording though.

15. Where is your nearest 7-11? Probably somewhere in the USA. Thousands of miles away. But if the question means nearest convenience store, there's a Spar about five minutes' walk that sells a good selection of wrestling magazines, blue fizzy juice and junk food.

16. What's a word that you say a lot? I say "fuck" far too often. It's one of my worst, and least endearing, habits

17. Who told you he/she loved you last? Mrs Wife last night on the phone.

18. Last furry thing you touched? Mrs Wife's pet rabbit Pepper. She sniffed at my fingers this morning as I was putting fresh hay into her cage.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? Do pear cider and chocolate count? If not, none.

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? None. Mrs Wife is in charge of photgraphy duties nowadays, and we're purely digital.

21. Favorite age you have been so far? I think 18 was pretty good, but all years since then have been good. But for sheer enjoyment, the years up until my seventh birthday were probably best,

22. Your worst enemy? Laziness.

23. What is your current desktop picture? At work, it's a photograph of The Beatles taken during the I Am The Walrus video from Magical Mystery Tour. At home, it's a photograph of scenery from Southeast Asia that came as one of the Windows Vista options.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone? "There you go" as I gave him a card to sign.

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? As much as I'd like to be able to fly, I think I'd go for the money. It would make life a lot easier. Although that's only 500,000 pounds. But it would make life more relaxing and enjoyable. And if I could fly, I'd probably just find that I was cold, lost and alone.

26. Do you like someone? I like lots of people.

27. The last song you listened to? The last track on the latest Foo Fighters album on my car CD player driving into work.

28. What time of day were you born? About 4am I think. I'm not sure, my memory is hazy....

29. What’s your favorite number? 7, 8, 10 and 11. Because of what they represent on a football pitch.

30. Where did you live in 1987? At the start of the year I lived in the hamlet of Kinnaber, outside Montrose, but in April that year we moved to another hamlet, Forsinard, which is south of Thurso and probably one of the most remote places in mainland Britain.

31. Are you jealous of anyone? Occasionally, but then I remember how happy I am where I am, doing what I do and being with the people I'm with.

32. Is anyone jealous of you? I have no idea. No-one has ever told me that they are.

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? Barcelona. Mrs Wife (then known as Miss Girlfriend) and I were backpacking around Europe. It didn't really register until late in the day that something huge had happened.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Repeatedly press the coin return button, hit the machine, attempt to tilt it. Then try buying the same product again to see if I get two falling out.

35. Do you consider yourself kind? On a day-to-day basis, yes. I'm sarcastic and enjoy stirring people up, but I wouldn't intentionally go overboard.

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? Probably between my shoulder blades. But I won't get one.

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? French or Spanish would probably be most useful based on where I live.

38. Would you move for the person you loved? Yes. I have done.

39. Are you touchy feely? No.

40. What’s your life motto? "Enjoy yourself".

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times? Well, there's no item of clothing or jewellery that I ALWAYS have on. So I'll say hair, hands and feet.

42. What’s your favorite town/city? New York. Despite having spent only five days there in the past 27.5 years.

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? A Twix from the company tuck shop.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? I have no idea. Years ago. Probably a thank you letter for a wedding gift in 2006.

45. Can you change the oil on a car? No. I can top it up. But my dad's a mechanic.....

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? I don't know. Haven't heard anything for a long time. Not especially bothered.

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? Practically nothing. In fact, I don't even know much about my own grandparents, in the grand scheme of things. Although my paternal Granny claims to be related to Robert Burns.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? I donned the kilt ensemble for a friend's wedding party in Dublin during the summer.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? Strangely, no. Although I bet if I poke my left big toe, twist my left ankle inwards or stick my finger up my nose, I can soon change that.

50. Have you been burned by love? Definitely. But that which does not kill us only makes us stronger. Or shit happens.

2 comments:

Colin Campbell said...

That is a lot of work.

Elisson said...

I'm with Colin.

I was tempted to grab this meme and run with it, but fifty questions? Gaaaaaah.

"How do you make a Jock groan?"
"Make him answer fifty questions...or pick up something massive."