Friday, July 27, 2007

And The Living's Easy

I'm almost loath to write this, but (whisper it) it seems that summer may finally be here.

So far, July has been an almost complete washout here in Angus. By my reckoning, there have been two days of sunshine so far this month, with the remaining 25 days marred by heavy rain, howling winds and towering black clouds.

But this morning I awoke to glorious sunshine, a cool and gentle breeze and blue skies as far as the eye could see, dotted only occasionally by fluffy white clouds.

By acknowledging that summer has begun, I've probably gone and jinxed it, and my planned lunch hour in Duthie Park will instead turn into me seeking refuge in the car as hailstones batter down on northeast Scotland.

2 comments:

Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Sounds like you live in Houston. Maybe you should buy a boat or at least life jackets.

I am preparing to fish off my balcony.

mirk said...

Well here in Ayrshire I wonder what all this talk about bad weather is... what bad weather?

And they say it's dryer on the East coast pah!! :)