Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I Am The Music Man

I listen to music every day, and I suppose in many ways it defines my moods. If not, my moods certainly define my choice of music for the day.

But can the Magic Tune Box pick up on my moods and define me whilst set to shuffle? I spotted this little quiz over at Blissful Bedlam and again at Walrilla's Wonderings and thought I'd give it a go.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Put your music player on shuffle.

2. Press forward for each question.

3. Use the song title as the answer to the question even if it doesn’t make sense. NO CHEATING

How do you feel today? Imagine - John Lennon

What’s your outlook on life? Parting Gift - Fiona Apple

What does your family think of you? It Happened So Fast - The Cribs

What do your friends think of you? Splash 1 (Now I'm Home) - The 13th Floor Elevators

What do strangers think of you? Postcard Of A Painting - Maximo Park

What do your exes think of you? Pet Rock - Teenage Fanclub

How’s your love life? Hold On - John Lennon

How will your love life be in the future? Hynoptize - Audioslave

Will you get married? The Path - <209>

Are you good at school? Baby Let's Play House - Elvis Presley

Will you be successful? Truth Doesn't Make A Noise - The White Stripes

What song should they play on your birthday? Keep The Line Movin' - The Soundtrack Of Our Lives

What song should they play at your graduation? Speech by John Lennon

The Soundtrack of your life? May The Circle Remain Unbroken - The 13th Floor Elevators

You and your best friends are? Ross Ross Ross - Sebastian

Happy times: Mosh - Eminem

Sad times: Just Like A Woman - Nina Simone

Every day: The Levee's Gonna Break - Bob Dylan

For tomorrow: Mogwai Fear Satan - Mogwai

For you: Room 13 - Black Flag

What does next year have in store for me? Don't Be Cruel - Elvis Presley

What do I say when life gets too hard? You're Quiet - Brendan Benson

What song will I dance to at my wedding? The Dreams Of Children - The Jam

What do you want as your career? Set Me Free - Velvet Revolver

Your favourite saying? The Gloaming - Radiohead

How will I die? Carry That Weight - The Beatles

I think my favourite is the assertion that my love life is described as 'Hold On' - I'm sure Mrs Wife would be willing to testify to that - and that my career is 'Set Me Free' - get me out of fulltime employment and into a life of luxury. I don't have a best friend called Ross though, let alone three of them. And I would have liked John Lennon to give a speech at my graduation, had he not died 22 years earlier. But we never danced to 'Dreams of Children' at the wedding I'm afraid.

2 comments:

Chickie Carmarthen said...

Great tunes but I have to say my fav is "Pet Rock" is what your exes think of you. That cracked me up!

Erica said...

Wow, Nina Simone did "Just Like A Woman." I'm impressed...I gotta give that a listen. This meme has gotten some good laughs outta me in a buncha different places, but I don't have an iPod or anything iTunesy of that nature, so I don't think I could play.

:-(