Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Ten: My Ten Favourite Christmas Songs

It's the last Friday before Christmas, so the time is right to give a festive spin to the Friday Ten. This week - my ten favourite Christmas tunes, both traditional and modern.
 
1. Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade
 
2. Happy Christmas (War Is Over) - John Lennon & Yoko Ono
 
3. Silent Night
 
4. Fairytale Of New York - The Pogues with Kirsty MacColl
 
5. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
 
6. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day - Wizzard
 
7. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
 
8. All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey
 
9. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
 
10. Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin' Stevens
 
I'd have put Stay Another Day by East 17 in, but it's not reaaaaaaalllly a Christmas song, is it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(With the possible exception of the Pogues/Kirsty MacColl)

You're kidding right?

Groanin' Jock said...

Nah, I'm deadly serious, Christmas music is great!