Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Damn Dam

Once again, I have returned from foreign climes thoroughly exhausted, and on this occasion the exhaustion is both physical and financial.
 
Seriously, seven Euros a drink? That puts Amsterdam ahead of Dublin in the "most expensive places I've ever been drunk" list.
 
Nonetheless, a great time was had by all, especially spending eight hours in a sports cafe on Saturday afternoon, where we were able to watch eight matches simultaneously from 4pm until 6pm before enjoying watching Sunderland frustrate Manchester United for 91 minutes, not to mention a whole dose of Dutch, Spanish and Italian football on top.
 
But now my eyes are heavy, my muscles are sore and my throat is burning. And I'm as financially robust as Woolies.

2 comments:

Mike Smith said...

Did you go to the Amsterdam Arena Jock? That's a fantastic stadium.

Groanin' Jock said...

Nope, didn't make it out to the ArenA, our time was spent almost exclusively partaking of liquid refreshment!