Monday, March 08, 2010

Season 2009/2010: Match 11: Montrose v Albion Rovers

It just occurred to me that I neglected to write a report of the most recent match I was at, Montrose's reschuled clash with Albion Rovers.
 
A Tuesday night in March isn't the ideal time to be watching a game on the shore of the North Sea, but I was nevertheless able to convince Mrs Wife to come with me to Links Park.
 
And it seems that she might be something of a good luck charm, as Montrose didn't lose. They didn't win, and they didn't score any goals, but when you follow the worst team in Scotland, a point is a point.
 
Montrose were the better side for much of the match, dominating and coming close to scoring on a number of occasions. I've been no fan of Steven Tweed's on-pitch contributions, but he gave one of the more assured performances of his Montrose career and helped the defence look more settled than has been the case of late.
 
Even a late sending off did nothing to dampen Montrose's spirits, when even a goalless home draw feels like a win.

No comments: